Heres a test you can take. You dont need a pencil; you just need to be honest with yourself. Answer yes or no to the following questions:
1. Do you lock on (stare and sexually fantasize) when an attractive woman comes near you?
2. Do you masturbate to images of other women when engaged in fantasies?
3. Have you found your spouse/girlfriend to be less sexually satisfying?
4. Are you holding a grudge against your spouse/girlfriend... a grudge that gives you a sense of entitlement?
5. Do you seek out sexually arousing articles or photo spreads in newspapers or magazines?
6. Do you have a private place or secret compartment that you keep hidden from your spouse/girlfriend?
7. Do you look forward to going away on a business trip?
8. Do you have behaviors or fantasies that you cant share or feel ashamed to share with your spouse/girlfriend/?
9. Do you view porn-related sites on the Internet?
10. Do you watch R-rated movies, sexy videos, or steamy cable channels for gratification?
If youve answered yes to any of these questions, youre lurking at the door of sexual addiction. Youre most likely inside that door if you can answer yes to more than three of the following questions:
1. Do you watch sexually explicit TV channels at home or on the road?
2. Do you frequently view pornography on the Internet or via magazines? (More than twice a week)
3. Do you rent adult movies?
4. Do you have somewhat frequent sexual fantasies which end in masturbation?
5. Do you watch nude dancing? (go-go bars, etc.)
6. Do you call 900-numbers to have phone sex?
7. Do you engage in racy/sexual conversations over the internet in chat rooms, etc?
8. Do you feel honestly in your heart that you have a problem with your sexually acting out?
9. Do you ever feel that your sexual drive is controlling you?
If you said yes to at least three of the previous nine questions, you very well could be sexually addicted. In the Bible, Titus 2:3 admonishes against being addicted to much wine, the Greek word used for addicted means to be brought into bondage, much like a slave. If you think youre a slave to your sexual passions, then you need to get help for your addiction by talking to a counselor, therapist or support group leader. You can call us anytime at 973-694-2938 ext. 235 or Jeff O'Donnell @ 973-265-4358 and confidentially discuss your situation. We provide support groups or one on one counseling to help you overcome sexual addiction through the power of Christ. God Bless You!